Common signs that you are struggling with debt
Are you struggling with debt? Below is a list of common behaviours or scenarios that you may be experiencing if you are in debt. If any of these ring true for you, it’s time to seek help getting out of debt.
- Debt is no stranger. You may have been here before and may well be again.
- Your income has changed. You may have lost benefits, a job or a partner or had a baby.
- Your mind always seems elsewhere. You don’t answer your phone if the caller is unknown and are distracted after a missed call.
- A conversation around finances, overdrafts or credit card limits you quickly change to another subject.
- You are living beyond your means – buying high end branded products or new expensive technology for example, with no increase in income.
- Money comes in and is spent on what’s needed, as and when. For example, you do not do a regular food shop and rarely fill the car full of petrol.
- Mail is not opened and letters lie in drawers for weeks.
- You make excuses for not socialising and avoid meeting anywhere that will cost money and your mood is anxious or snappy.
If you are struggling with debt speak to someone who can help.
At Don’t Fret About Debt, we understand debt keeps you awake at night, gives you nothing but worry and an empty wallet and can consume you. Taking out further credit is not the answer, taking on more debt will not help.
Contact us today for free debt advice on how to clear your debt. Call 0141 886 0017, use our debt calculator to work out the affordable monthly payments you could be making or speak to one of our debt experts using Live Chat.