The First Step to Get Out of Debt
We understand that taking the first step to dealing with your debt may feel like the hardest.
However, we also know that when you take the first step of talking to a professional debt advisor, you will soon realise the options available to you.
At Don’t Fret About Debt, we’re FCA regulated and offer all statutory debt solutions in Scotland so you can be assured that we will work with you to find a solution that is right for you and your circumstances.
To encourage you to take a potential life-changing first step, we have outlined below what to expect when you submit your details to us or give us a call:
- After you’ve submitted your details or given us a call, we will discuss over the phone how much debt you have, who your creditors are and if you’ve missed any payments. If you have, this will allow us to quickly step in and safeguard you from further creditor action if court papers have been delivered by Sheriff Officers. (Not to be confused with debt collector field agents).
- Then, we’ll run through an Income & Expenditure form with you, taking into account your salary and any benefits you receive. We’ll deduct your bills, ensuring your mortgage/rent, Council Tax, utilities, TV licence, any car payment and phone bills are deducted. We will agree with you how much you need for travel, food and clothing. An allowance will be given for hobbies, TV packages and anything else you pay out on a regular basis. This will allow us to work out how much you can afford to make towards your debts.
- We will ask about any assets you own, whether you have equity in property or own a car outright.
- Once we have the above information, it’s time to decide which statutory debt solution best fits your needs. We offer all statutory debt solutions in Scotland (Debt Arrangement Schemes, Trust Deeds and Sequestration (Bankruptcy)) and only offer Government backed plans.
- Following a decision on the debt solution that works for you, we will fill in some paperwork and send it by courier for you to sign.
- A debt payment programme works when the monthly payments are affordable for you. To ensure you are able to afford the agreed contribution, we require bank statements and wage slips for the previous three months. You can send these to us via post or securely via WhatsApp – this can really speed up the process.
- Once we receive the paperwork, you make your agreed monthly payments and we do the rest. You will never have to speak to your creditors again. We will assign you a case administrator who will be your point of contact for the duration of your plan who is always on hand to help.
- After completing the steps above, you will no longer be in debt.
Putting off dealing with your debt is putting off sorting it so speak to one of our debt advisors today in strictest confidence and we will be happy to talk you through all your available options. You can also visit our website to use Live Chat or fill in our debt calculator to work out affordable monthly payments you could be making to clear your debt.
The advice from our experienced and professional debt advisors is free to take the first step to find the debt solution that works for you today. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.