Please read the following terms and conditions. This information should be reviewed carefully. By using any of the services offered by Don’t Fret About Debt, you are deemed to have acknowledged and accepted these terms.
- The services of Don’t Fret About Debt are only available in Scotland.
- Subject to acceptance and eligibility.
- Your chosen debt solution may not be the only suitable option available to you.
- Our debt advice is free. Our services are provided in return for payment and are profit seeking.
- Free advice is also available from Money Advice Service.
- Services offered include free debt advice, debt payment programmes (DPPs), trust deed and sequestration.
- Debt Arrangement Scheme fees are calculated based on 15% of your surplus income and vary between £2,500 and £10,000.
- Trust Deed fees are based on a set fee of £2,500 plus 20% of realisations and are approximately £4000.
- Sequestration fees are approximately £4000 and are based on staff charge out rates and the time spent on your case for the duration of your bankruptcy.
- Your credit rating may be affected.
- Your details will be entered onto a public register should you decide to go ahead with one of our services.
- You will likely fall into arrears or indeed increase your arrears while your chosen debt relief or debt management option is being set up.
Your Debt and Creditors
- You creditors will receive payment monthly if you sign a DPP.
- Your creditors receive payment at month 18, 24, 30, 36, 42 and 48 should the funds collected be enough to make a payment of at least 5p in the £, after all fees and expenses have been taken into account if you sign a Trust Deed.
- Your creditors will receive a dividend at month 48 only should you enter sequestration.
- If your chosen option is a Trust Deed, there is a risk of Sequestration should at least half of your creditors in numbers or one third in value reject the proposal.
- Homeowners may need to release equity through re-mortgage which may attract a higher interest rate.
- Your expenditure will be restricted.
- Only unsecured debts may be discharged.